Sunday 18 August 2013

Neighbour's quilt......

A few weekends ago it was my Lovely Neighbour's baby shower. A bunch of us wanted to do something special for her so we all clubbed in together and decided on a personalised quilt for her little boy.

One of the ladies got the squares embroidered and I sewed them all together. The tricky part was that I got the fabric on Wednesday evening and the baby shower was on the Saturday morning.... and then on Friday the Lovely Neighbour borrowed my sewing machine to start sewing curtains for her nursery! So it was a bit of a rush in the end. But I'm quite pleased with how the quilt worked out. How awesome are the little animals? 
(admission time - everyone was asked to choose a Bible verse.... I chose the giraffe because he is sooooo cute!!) 



The shower happened in the back garden. I borrowed a gazebo from a friend of mine and made tissue pompoms and bunting. Another one of her friends brought the food - which was utterly delicious. Everyone brought picnic blankets and we had a super time. 




It was a great shower. And the Lovely Neighbour loved the quilt! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment