Monday 31 May 2010

it all ends in tears....

today was one of those fabulous days where your sides hurt by the end of it. My husband was off work today as it's a bank holiday (no idea what the reason is) and I'm on half term anyway. the day started with me waking to the tinkling of a spoon in a mug.... ah tea. only he didn't come in with tea for me! he'd made it for himself and then went into the lounge to read his book! ha! the start of the dramas. I managed to put on a good sulk while making my own tea which had that brilliant effect of making sure that he did the next 3 fill-ups. It was the start of a seriously silly day.
We've had tickling fights, towel flicking fights, shoving ice in eachothers' jeans fights, called a truce and then tried cold hands on tummy fights. Then calmed down enough to watch a dvd but had to stop in the middle for more laughing and silliness.
and then, in preparation for the start of the terry pratchett movie (part2) we went to make tea and ended up trying to slip frozen bacon onto eachother's tummies. Only in the process I wacked the back of my hand on the metal grid of the hob. it went white and then red and hurt like all hell. Laughter between the tears. what a silly git I am. but he made me hot choc. mmm
so I'm settled down to watch Terry Pratchett, with ice balanced on my hand in a tea towel and a cup of hot choc nearby.
it's been a seriously fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment